The Home office have recently issued guidance on where to get tested for tuberculosis (TB) in Hong Kong for your UK visa application.
Here’s what you need to know.
(Updated as of 05 May 2021)
Why would I need to be tested for tuberculosis in Hong Kong for a UK visa?
If you are a resident of Hong Kong and you wish to come to the UK for more than 6 months, you must be tested for tuberculosis. Tests must be conducted by a Home Office approved clinic. Any test conducted by a non-Home Office approved clinic will be accepted.
Where are the approved test clinics to be tested for tuberculosis in Hong Kong for a UK Visa?
- Hong Kong Adventist Hospital
- HKSH Family Medicine and Primary Care Centre
- HKSH Family Medicine and Primary Care Centre (Island East)
- Matilda International Hospital
- UMP Medical Centre (Hong Kong) Limited
- UMP Medical Centre (Kowloon) Limited
- UMP Medical Centre (Jordan) Limited
- Quality HealthCare Medical Centre
How do I make an appointment at a test clinic to be tested for tuberculosis in Hong Kong for a UK Visa?
Appointments can be arranged via telephone or email. When contacting the clinic to arrange an appointment, you must clarify you need the test for a UK visa application.
What should I bring with me to test clinic to be tested for tuberculosis in Hong Kong for a UK Visa?
- Proof of identification, which contains your photograph, such as your passport
- Tuberculosis test fee
- Details of previous screening and if possible medical notes if you had tuberculosis in the past
If you’d like an appointment with a female clinician, please ask when you schedule your appointment.
If you need to cancel your appointment you should contact the clinic and refer to their cancellation policy and procedure.
How much does it cost to be tested for tuberculosis in Hong Kong for a UK Visa?
Tests fess will vary dependant on the clinic and will not cover treatment if you have tuberculosis.
Please be advised that the above information is not exhaustive as there are more requirements and points to consider.
For more information provided by Bolton’s leading Immigration Solicitors on Hong Kong: tuberculosis test clinics for a UK visa, call us now on 01204 531 535 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to book a telephone/Skype consultation. The fee is £30.
Compass Immigration Law LTD:
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”