The Home Office have recently issued various guidance pertaining to visiting the UK.
Here’s what you need to know.
(Updated as of 10 February 2021)
Can I visit the UK?
You can visit the UK:
- On a business trip
- For a holiday or to see family or friends
- For private medical treatment
- For research
Dependent on the nature of your visit, and where you are travelling from, there are a few things you need to know.
Do I need a visa to visit the UK?
Subject to the country you are from, you may be able to visit the UK without a visa, or by applying for a visa waiver.
How do I apply for a visa to visit the UK?
If you are coming to the UK on a business trip, the visa you can apply for depends if you are:
- Being paid by a UK to come as an expert in your profession
- Coming on a business trip and not being paid by a UK company
If you are coming to the UK holiday or to see family or friends, or for private medical treatment you can apply for a Standard Visitor Visa.
Alternatively, there is a different method to apply if:
- You wish to stay in the UK with family for more than 6 months
- You are a Chinese citizen visiting as part of a tour group
How do I apply for a family permit to visit the UK?
You may be able to visit the UK on a family permit if your family member is:
- A British citizen
- A person of Northern Ireland
- An EU country, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland citizen
Can I apply for a visa waiver to visit the UK?
You can apply for a visa waiver if you have a passport from:
- The United Arab Emirates
Please be advised that the above information is not exhaustive as there are more requirements and points to consider.
For more information provided by Bolton’s leading Immigration Solicitors on Visiting the UK, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01204 531 535 to book a telephone/Skype consultation. The fee is £30.
Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe.
Compass Immigration Law LTD:
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”