The Home Office have recently issued guidance on a tenant’s right to rent in England.
Here’s what you need to know.
(Updated as of 25 November 2020)
This service is to be used when checking a tenant’s right to rent a residential property in England if you are:
- the landlord
- an agent acting on behalf of the landlord
- a tenant subletting without your landlord’s permission
- You do not need to check a tenant’s right to rent property in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.
Additionally, this service is to be used if your tenant:
- has a biometric residence card or permit
- has settled or pre-settled status
- applied for a visa and used the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app to scan their identity document on their phone
“If your tenant is an EU, EEA, or Swiss citizen, they can continue to use their passport or national identity card to prove they can rent in England until 30 June 2021.”
Please be advised that the above information is not exhaustive as there are more requirements and points to consider.
For more information provided by Bolton’s leading Immigration Solicitors on viewing a tenant’s right to rent in England, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01204 531 535 to book a telephone/Skype consultation. The fee is £30.
Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe.
Compass Immigration Law LTD:
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”