From today, applications are open to foreign nationals (inclusive of those from the European Union), who wish to work in the UK from 1 January 2021.
Here’s what you need to know.
(Updated as of 01 December 2020)
“From 1 January 2021, free movement will end, and the UK will introduce a points-based immigration system. The new system will treat EU* and non-EU citizens equally. Anyone you want to hire from outside the UK, excluding Irish citizens, will need to apply for permission in advance.”
- Those wishing to work in the UK will need
- Required points for their job offer at the necessary skill level
- To be competent in English
- To earn a minimum £25,600
- EU citizens (and families) already living in the UK by 31 December 2020 do not need to apply through the new points-based system but can apply to the EU settlement scheme by 20 June 2021
- Applications for Global Talent / Innovator / Start Up visas are now open
Please be advised that the above information is not exhaustive as there are more requirements and points to consider.
For more information provided by Bolton’s leading Immigration Solicitors on the UK’s points-based immigration system: how does it impact you?, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01204 531 535 to book a telephone/Skype consultation. The fee is £30.
Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe.
Compass Immigration Law LTD:
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”