The Home Office have recently issued information if you want to apply to Study in the UK on a Student visa.
Here’s what you need to know.
(Updated as of 02 October 2020)
- Check if this visa is right for you
- “You can apply for a Student visa if you’re 16 or over and want to study on a further or higher education course in the UK
- Check what you can and cannot do on this visa
- Check what courses you can study on this visa
- Check if you can bring your partner or children (‘dependants’) with you
- If you’re under 18 and you want to study at an independent school in the UK, you may be eligible for a Child Student visa instead
- Prepare the evidence you need
- Check what documents you can use as evidence
- Prove your knowledge of the English language
- Check if you need a tuberculosis (TB) test
- If you’re doing a masters degree or above, you may need to apply for the Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate.
- Apply from outside the UK
- Applying from the UK is £348
- You’ll need to prove your identity as part of your application.
- You’ll usually get a decision within 3 weeks.
- Apply from inside the UK
- Apply to extend if you’re already in the UK on a Student visa (or Tier 4 (General) visa) £475
- Apply to switch to this visa if you’re already in the UK £475
- You’ll need to prove your identity as part of your application
- You’ll usually get a decision within 8 weeks
- Check what you can bring with you to the UK
- Check what you can bring in your hand luggage
- Check what to do if you’re bringing cash with you
- Check what goods you can bring with you
- Check what food, animals or plants you can bring into the UK
- Check what you need to show at the UK border
- After you arrive in the UK
- Find out how to get your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) if you were told you’d get one when you applied
- You might be able to extend your visa to stay longer in the UK.
- Check if you can extend your visa
- If you break the conditions of your visa you may not be able to come to the UK again
Please be advised that the above information is not exhaustive as there are more requirements and points to consider.
For more information on the applying to study in the UK on a Student visa, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01204 531 535 to book a telephone/Skype consultation. The fee is £30.
Compass Immigration Law LTD:
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”