The Home Office have recently issued information if you want to apply to Study in the UK on a Child Student visa.
Here’s what you need to know.
(Updated as of 02 October 2020)
- Check if this visa is right for you
- “You can apply for a Child Student visa if you’re between 4 and 17 years old and you want to study at an independent school in the UK
- Check what you can and cannot do on this visa
- Check what courses you can study on this visa
- Prepare the evidence you need
- Check what documents you can use as evidence
- Check if you need a tuberculosis (TB) test
- Apply from outside the UK
- Applying from the UK is £348
- You’ll need to prove your identity as part of your application.
- You’ll usually get a decision within 3 weeks.
- Apply from inside the UK
- Apply to extend if you’re already in the UK on a Child Student visa (or Tier 4 (Child) visa) £475
- Apply to switch to this visa if you’re already in the UK £475
- You’ll need to prove your identity as part of your application
- You’ll usually get a decision within 8 weeks
- Check what you can bring with you to the UK
- Check what you can bring in your hand luggage
- Check what to do if you’re bringing cash with you
- Check what goods you can bring with you
- Check what food, animals or plants you can bring into the UK
- Check what you need to show at the UK border
- “If you said in your application that you would be accompanied by an adult, they need to be with you when you arrive at the border
- If you’re not accompanied by an adult, the official at the border will check that you know where you’re going and how you’re getting there. They may ask you other questions too.”
- After you arrive in the UK
- Find out how to get your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) if you were told you’d get one when you applied
- You might be able to extend your visa to stay longer in the UK.
- Check if you can extend your visa
- If you break the conditions of your visa you may not be able to come to the UK again.
Please be advised that the above information is not exhaustive as there are more requirements and points to consider.
For more information on the applying to Study in the UK on a Child Student visa, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01204 531 535 to book a telephone/Skype consultation. The fee is £30.
Compass Immigration Law LTD:
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”