You’ve met the one. You’ve nurtured a relationship. You’ve planned a life; together. However, due to the reality of immigration laws, there are rules and procedures that must be followed before you can be legally reunited with your loved ones in the UK.
Here are a few things you need to know.
As the partner of an applicant for a spouse visa you must be, a UK citizen, have Indefinite Leave to Remain or have refugee status. Additionally, you must have either:
- £18,600 in employment income
- £62,500 in savings
Please be advised there are other ways in which you can satisfy the financial requirement.
Additionally, your partner will need to:
- Complete a level A1 CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference) English Language test with a Home Office approved body
- Attend an application centre in their country of origin to provide biometric information such as photographs and fingerprints
Please be advised that any original supporting documents may be sent to Sheffield as part of the application. In addition, evidence will also be required to prove the validity of your relationship, that you are free to marry, and that you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship with your partner.
As part of the application, the fees are:
- £1000 Immigration Health Surcharge
- £1523 Spouse Visa fee
- £825 (our fee including VAT)
Please be advised that the Home Office fees are subject to change.
For more information on partner based visas, please come along to one of our drop in services. These are held on Mondays between 10am – 1:30pm (Bolton), and Fridays between 10am – 1:30pm (Preston). There is a £24 charge for the consultation.
Compass Immigration Law LTD:
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”