The Home Office have recently issued guidance on proving your right to rent in England.
Here’s what you need to know.
(Updated as of 25 November 2020)
“You can use this service if you”:
- have a biometric residence card or permit
- have settled or pre-settled status
- applied for a visa and used the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app to scan your identity document on your phone
“If you’re an EU, EEA, or Swiss citizen, you can continue to use your passport or national identity card to prove you can rent in England until 30 June 2021.
If you do not have any of these documents, check how to prove your right to rent.
You do not need to prove your right to rent in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.”
What you’ll need
“You’ll need your date of birth and details of one of the following”:
- your biometric residence permit
- your biometric residence card
- your passport or national identity card
Please be advised that the above information is not exhaustive as there are more requirements and points to consider.
For more information provided by Bolton’s leading Immigration Solicitors on proving your right to rent in England, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01204 531 535 to book a telephone/Skype consultation. The fee is £30.
Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe.
Compass Immigration Law LTD:
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”