For Tier 2 and 5 employers sponsoring foreign workers, there has been new guidance issued from the Home Office.
Here’s what you need to know.
(Updated as of 05 April 2020)
About the service
“The priority change of circumstances service allows sponsors to prioritise certain requests each day, by submitting an application via email.”
These requests are but not limited to:
- additional certificate of sponsorship (CoS) allocation
- annual certificate of sponsorship (CoS) allocation
- add a new level 1 user
Please note: This service does not guarantee your request will be approved.
To be eligible for this service:
- you must be an A-rated Tier 2 or 5, fully active licensed sponsor
- you must have submitted a request prior to emailing the T2 & 5 priority service mailbox
- the request must not be in progress/or allocated to a caseworker
- you must have printed the submission sheet if your request is to replace the authorising officer or appoint a representative
- you cannot be a premium sponsor, or requesting priority for a Tier 4 case (If you are a premium sponsor, please contact your account manager)
- if the request is for additional certificates of sponsorship, they must be for unrestricted CoS only (please note: any restricted CoS requests will be rejected, and a refund will not be issued)
- you must submit a fully completed application to the priority service team
How to apply
Full guidance can be found within the SMS manual. Once you have submitted your SMS change, you can now email Tier2&5PriorityRequests@homeoffice.gov.uk, with a completed Tier 2 & 5 priority request form < (link) as an attachment.
A maximum of 60 priority service requests will be accepted each day. If the service is fully subscribed, you will receive an email response notifying you to apply on the following working day.
If your request is to replace the authorising officer or to appoint a representative, you will need to send the originally signed submission sheet to the following address:
Tier 2 and 5 Priority Service
Sponsor Licensing Unit
PO Box 3468
Eligible requests that have successfully made payment will be considered within 5 working days. The charge for this service is £200 per request.
Please be advised that the above information is not an exhaustive list as there are more requirements and points to consider when making an application
For more information on priority change of circumstances for sponsors, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01204 531 535 to book a telephone/Skype consultation. The fee is £30.
To limit the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), until further notice, our drop-in service and all scheduled appointments will be held remotely. Please be advised that whilst our remote drop-in service will be held on Mondays between 10am – 1:30pm, our Friday service (usually held in Preston) has been cancelled for the foreseeable future.
Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe.
Compass Immigration Law LTD:
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”