The Home Office have recently issued guidance for applicants outside the UK. It explains the steps to applying for and being granted permission to live in the UK.
Here’s what you need to know.
(Updated as of 01 December 2020)
Making your application to live in the UK
An application to live in the UK can be made online. You can also pay for the service online. Additionally, advice pertaining to dependants who wish to come to UK may also be found online. When submitting applications, you need to:
- choose the correct application form on GOV.UK
- pay the fee
- pay the immigration health charge (if required)
- provide any required biometrics
- provide a passport or other document which proves your identity and nationality
- meet any other specific requirements that are set out by the application route
Additionally, other factors such as:
- gathering your documents
- when to apply
- paying for healthcare
- applying for someone else
- cancelling your application
are to be considered when making an application to live in the UK.
Please be advised that the above information is not exhaustive as there are more requirements and points to consider.
For more information on living in the UK: applying from overseas, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01204 531 535 to book a telephone/skype consultation. The fee is £30.
Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe.
Compass Immigration Law LTD:
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”