Information on right to abode

Whether you are applying for a certificate of entitlement to the right of abode, or for an application to reconsider a decision for a certificate of entitlement to the right of abode, you need the correct form.

Here’s what you need to know.

 (Updated as of 16 April 2020)

  • If want to apply to for a certificate of entitlement showing you have the right to live and work in the UK, if you are in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, you must apply using form ROA
  • If you want to request to reconsider a decision to refuse a certificate of entitlement to the right of abode in the UK, you must do so using form RROA

Please note that due to coronavirus (COVID-19), applications via post will take longer than an online application. If are in the UK and require assistance with an online application, get help here.

Additionally, please be advised that the above information is not exhaustive as there are more requirements and points to consider.

For more information on the right to abode, send an email to or contact us on 01204 531 535 to book a telephone/Skype consultation. The fee is £30.

To limit the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), until further notice, our drop-in service and all scheduled appointments will be held remotely. Please be advised that whilst our remote drop-in service will be held on Mondays between 10am – 1:30pm, our Friday service (usually held in Preston) has been cancelled for the foreseeable future.

Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe.

Compass Immigration Law LTD:

“The direct route to immigration expertise.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *