The Home office have recently issued guidance pertaining to Indefinite Leave to Remain if you have an Innovator visa.
Here’s what you need to know.
(Updated as of 10 February 2021)
What is Indefinite Leave to Remain?
Indefinite Leave to Remain refers to how you settle in the UK. It grants you the right to live, work and study in the UK indefinitely. Additionally, you can apply for benefits (if eligible) and you can apply for British Citizenship.
What is an Innovator Visa?
If you are an experienced businessperson(s) wishing to establish a business in the UK, you will come under the Innovator visa category. Usually, you will need to either have at least £50,000 to invest in your business or have previously invested this minimum amount in your business).
Am I eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain if I have an Innovator visa?
When considering your eligibility for Indefinite Leave to Remain if you have an innovator visa, you must have:
- Lived in the UK for a minimum 3 years using an Innovator visa. Time spent in the UK on another visa will not be included
- A new endorsement confirming you have met the requirements for business growth
- Passed the ‘Life in the UK Test’ if you are aged 18-64
Please note that March 2022 will be the earliest opportunity for you to apply as this date will be 3 years after this method of settlement was introduced.
When do I apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain if I have an Innovator visa?
Applications can be made 28 days before you are eligible. If you apply earlier than this, your application may be refused.
You should not wait until your visa expires. If you do, you will have to renew your visa before you apply.
How much will it cost, and how long will it take for a decision on my Indefinite Leave to Remain if I have an Innovator visa application?
- It costs £2,389 for each person applying
- Your partner and children can be on the same application form if they are eligible
- It cost £19.20 per person to have your biometric information (fingerprints and photos) taken
- Usually decisions are given within 6 months
- You must not travel outside the UK, Ireland, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man until you receive a decision. Your application will be withdrawn if you do.
In some cases, an application may be considered complex and may take longer. These instances are:
- If you need to attend an interview
- If your supporting documents need verification
- Because of personal circumstances, for example: criminal convictions.
Please be advised that the above information is not exhaustive as there are more requirements and points to consider.
For more information provided by Bolton’s leading Immigration Solicitors on Indefinite Leave to Remain if you have an Innovator visa, send an email to email@example.com or contact us on 01204 531 535 to book a telephone/Skype consultation. The fee is £30.
Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe.
Compass Immigration Law LTD:
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”