Health and Care visa (Tier 2)

The Home Office have recently issued information pertaining to Health and Care visa (Tier 2).

Here’s what you need to know.

(Updated as of 05 November 2020)

You can apply for a Tier 2 (Health and Care) visa if:

  • you have a job offer from the NHS, an organisation providing medical services to the NHS or an organisation providing adult social care
  • you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
  • your sponsor has told you that you are eligible for it

You must be a qualified:

  • doctor
  • nurse
  • health professional
  • adult social care professional

Additionally, the guidance includes information on:

  • Getting sponsored
  • How long it will take
  • Fees
  • If you’re applying to extend or switch in the UK
  • Get a faster decision on your application
  • Eligibility
  • Knowledge of English
  • Documents you must provide
  • Apply
  • Extend your visa
  • Family members
  • Taking a second job

Please be advised that the above information is not exhaustive as there are more requirements and points to consider.

For more information on the Health and Care visa (Tier 2), send an email to or contact us on 01204 531 535 to book a telephone/Skype consultation. The fee is £30.

Compass Immigration Law LTD:

“The direct route to immigration expertise.”

Follow us:


Twitter: @CompassImmLaw_


Instragram: @CompassImmLawLtd

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *