“For those applying to the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have recently issued locations where you can go to get your biometric ID document scanned if you do not have an Android device with near field communication (NFC).”
Here’s what you need to know.
(Updated as of 01October 2020)
- Some ID document scanning locations are closed due to coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The purpose of the scan is to confirm your identity so that you will be able to make an application to the EU Settlement Scheme.
- You must not start your application for settled status before you attend your appointment
- Contact the location to book an appointment to use this service. You’ll need to attend this appointment in person.
- Once your ID document has been scanned you can make the rest of your application online later using a computer or any other device you choose to access the internet.
- You must bring your biometric passport from an EU country, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland and a mobile phone that can receive text messages or a device that can receive email.
Please be advised that the above information is not exhaustive as there are more requirements and points to consider.
For more information on EU Settlement Scheme ID document scanner locations, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01204 531 535 to book a telephone/skype consultation. The fee is £30.
Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe.
Compass Immigration Law LTD:
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”