If you’re a dependent family member of a points-based system (PBS) migrant or an Appendix W worker and you’re considering entering or remaining in the UK, there will be conditions to the type of leave which will be granted.
Here’s what you need to know.
(Updated as of 02 April 2020)
An applicant can apply as the dependent family member of a points-based system migrant if they are:
- The family member of a person with, or applying for, leave under Tiers 1, 2, 4 or 5 of PBS
- the spouse or partner of a person with indefinite leave to remain (ILR) or British citizenship who last held leave as a Tier 1, 2, or 5 PBS migrant and do not yet qualify for indefinite leave to remain
- the child of a person with ILR or British citizenship who last held leave as a Tier 1, 2, or 5 PBS migrant, and: o their other parent does not yet qualify for ILR o they last held leave as the family member of a PBS migrant granted under the rules in place on or after 9 July 2012
An applicant can apply as the dependant family member of an Appendix W Worker if they are:
- The family member of a person with, or applying for, leave under Appendix W of the Immigration Rules
- The spouse or partner of a person with ILR or British citizenship who last held leave as an Appendix W Worker and do not yet qualify for ILR
- The child of a person with ILR or British citizenship who last held leave as an Appendix W Worker, and:
- their other parent does not yet qualify for ILR
- they last held leave as an Appendix W worker
In this category, eligible family members must be related to the main applicant as either their:
- civil partner
- unmarried partner
- same sex partner
- child (under the age of 18 when they first applied)
The cost of the applications varies dependent on the type of application. The following application methods should be used:
- Applications outside the UK can be found here
- Extensions (within UK) can be found here
- Indefinite leave to remain (SET (O) can be found here
Please be advised that the above information is not an exhaustive list as there are more requirements and points to consider when making an application.
For more information on approved dependent family members of points-based system migrants and Appendix W workers, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01204 531 535 to book a telephone/Skype consultation. The fee is £30.
To limit the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), until further notice, our drop-in service and all scheduled appointments will be held remotely. Please be advised that whilst our remote drop-in service will be held on Mondays between 10am – 1:30pm, our Friday service (usually held in Preston) has been cancelled for the foreseeable future.
Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe.
Compass Immigration Law LTD:
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”