You’ve done it! After a vigorous process, you’ve won your case with the Home Office; You’re now a British Citizen.
(Updated as of 31 March 2020)
Here’s what you need to know.
- If you’re 18 and over, you need to attend a citizenship ceremony
- Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), you have 6 months to book your citizenship ceremony after receiving the official invitation from the Home Office – (delays caused by COVID-19 will not affect your decision
- Your citizenship ceremony is usually done in groups and your local council organises this – you must take your invitation when attending
- Ceremonies cost £80
- An oath of allegiance or an affirmation is required
- There are instances where attendance is not required – Contact us for more information
For more information on citizenship ceremonies, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01204 531 535 to book a telephone/Skype consultation. The fee is £30.
To limit the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), until further notice, our drop-in service and all scheduled appointments will be held remotely. Please be advised that whilst our remote drop-in service will be held on Mondays between 10am – 1:30pm, our Friday service (usually held in Preston) has been cancelled for the foreseeable future.
Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe.
Compass Immigration Law LTD:
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”