If you are in New Zealand and wish to apply for a UK visa, there are a few things which must be done.
Here’s what you need to know.
(Updated as of 01 July 2020)
“To apply for a UK visa in New Zealand you need to:
- check which visa you need
- apply online
- pay the visa fee
- pay the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS)if applicable
- submit your supporting documents
- book and attend your appointment to submit biometrics and have your photograph taken
You should read the guidance if you’re making an application for:
- an exempt diplomatic visa or their dependant or unmarried partner
- an exempt visa as a member of visiting forces or their dependant
Apply no earlier than 3 months before your intended travel date, unless you are applying under the Youth Mobility Scheme, where you can apply up to 6 months before.
If your visa is valid for more than 6 months, you will be given a 30-day travel window based on the information provided in the application form. If successful, your temporary visa will be valid for 30 days and you will need to travel within this period. If you cannot travel during this 30-day window, you will need to submit an application for a vignette transfer.
Do not book your travel until you receive your visa, as UKVI is not liable for any costs incurred if you do not receive your visa before your intended travel date.”
For more information on the applying for a UK visa if you’re in New Zealand, send an email to email@example.com or contact us on 01204 531 535 to book a telephone/Skype consultation. The fee is £30.
Compass Immigration Law LTD:
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”