“You may be able to claim compensation if you suffered losses because you could not show that you had a right to live in the UK.
‘Losses’ can be things like not being able to work, find a place to live or get health treatment. They can also include immigration action, like detention or removal from the UK.”
Here’s what you need to know.
(Updated as of 08 June 2020)
You can apply if:
- you came to the UK from a Commonwealth country before 1973
- your parents or grandparents came to the UK from a Commonwealth country before 1973
- you came to the UK from any country before 31 December 1988 and are now settled here
You can also apply if you are:
- the close family member of someone eligible to claim and you have had significant losses yourself
- representing the estate of someone who would have been eligible
You might be able to get compensation for losses relating to:
- immigration fees
- driving licences
- daily life – for example, you missed major family events or could not travel
- detention and removal
Additionally, you can contact the Windrush contact centre on 0800 678 1925. Opening hours are:
Monday to Friday: 9am-5pm
Saturday and Sunday: 10am-3pm
For more information on the Windrush compensation scheme, send an email to email@example.com or contact us on 01204 531 535 to book a telephone/Skype consultation. The fee is £30.
To limit the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), until further notice, our drop-in service and all scheduled appointments will be held remotely. Please be advised that whilst our remote drop-in service will be held on Mondays between 10am – 1:30pm, our Friday service (usually held in Preston) has been cancelled for the foreseeable future.
Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe.
Compass Immigration Law LTD:
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”