The Home Office have recently issued a form for a family member of an EEA or Swiss national in the UK to apply for a registration certificate or residence card.
Here’s what you need to know.
(Updated as of 14 October 2020)
- This form is to be used for applications made on or after 14 October 2020
- the family member of a relevant EEA national
- a person who is no longer the family member of a relevant EEA national but you’ve retained your right of residence under EU law
- “‘Relevant EEA national’ means an EEA national who is (or was) in the UK as a ‘qualified person’ (worker, self-employed, self-sufficient, student, or jobseeker) or has a permanent right of residence in the UK under the EEA Regulations.”
- the family member of a British citizen who you lived with in another EEA Member State before returning to the UK (‘Surinder Singh’ judgment)
Which family members can apply on this form?
“If the relevant EEA national only has a right to reside in the UK as a student, you must be the:”
- spouse or civil partner of the EEA national
- dependent child of the EEA national, or of their spouse/civil partner
- In all other cases, you must be either the:
- spouse or civil partner of the relevant EEA national/British citizen
- child or grandchild of the relevant EEA national/British citizen, or of their spouse/civil partner, and be aged under 21 or dependent
- dependent parent or grandparent of the relevant EEA national/British citizen, or of their spouse/civil partner
- You will only be considered for a registration certificate or residence card as the family member of an EEA national. You will not be considered for anything else. You must use a different form if you want to stay for another reason.
Please be advised that the above information is not exhaustive as there are more requirements and points to consider.
For more information on applying for a registration certificate or residence card for a family member: form EEA (FM), send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01204 531 535 to book a telephone/Skype consultation. The fee is £30.
Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe.
Compass Immigration Law LTD:
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”