The Home Office have recently issued a form for an EEA or Swiss national to apply for a registration certificate to confirm the right to live in the UK as a qualified person.
Here’s what you need to know.
(Updated as of 14 October 2020)
- “You can apply online at https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/eea-qp Use this application form if you’re unable to apply online and are an EEA or Swiss national who is in the UK as a ‘qualified person’ and you wish to apply for a registration certificate as confirmation of your right of residence”
- A ‘qualified person’ is an EEA national who is in the UK as a:
- worker (including those who have retained their status as a worker due to temporary incapacity, involuntary unemployment or vocational training)
- self-employed person (including those who have retained their status as a self-employed person due to temporary incapacity)
- self-sufficient person
- student, or
This is sometimes known as ‘exercising Treaty rights’.
- “You will only be considered for a registration certificate as an EEA or Swiss national who is in the UK as a qualified person. You will not be considered for anything else. You must use a different form if you want to stay for another reason”
For more information on applying for a registration certificate as an EEA Qualified Person: form EEA (QP), send an email to email@example.com or contact us on 01204 531 535 to book a telephone/Skype consultation. The fee is £30.
Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe.
Compass Immigration Law LTD:
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”