The Home office have recently issued guidance on where to get tested for tuberculosis (TB) in the UK if you are a Hong Kong British National (Overseas).
Here’s what you need to know.
(Updated as of 08 January 2021)
When would I need to be tested for tuberculosis as a Hong Kong British National (Overseas)?
You must be tested for tuberculosis if all the following applies:
- You are in the UK
- You wish to apply for the Hong Kong British National (Overseas) visa
- you did not provide a TB test certificate when you last entered the UK, because the duration of the visa you applied for was 6 months or less or you applied to enter the UK at the border
Where are the approved test clinics to be tested for tuberculosis as a Hong Kong British National (Overseas)?
- Knightsbridge Doctorsand Visa Medicals are based in London
- Modality Immigration Servicesis based in Birmingham
- Northern Visa Medicalsis based in Manchester
- Nuffield Hospital Plymouthis based in Devon
- The Bridge Clinicis based in Berkshire
- Bryden Medical Limitedand The Edinburgh Clinic are based in Scotland
How do I make an appointment at a test clinic to be tested for tuberculosis as a Hong Kong British National (Overseas)?
Appointments can be arranged via telephone or email. When contacting the clinic to arrange an appointment, you must clarify you need the test for a UK visa application. An appointment is usually granted within a few days of your request. Appointments cannot be prioritised.
What should I take to the test clinic to be tested for tuberculosis as a Hong Kong British National (Overseas)?
When attending a test clinic, you will need:
- valid identification which contains your photograph such as a passport
- a photocopy of your identification
- the tuberculosis test fee
- if you have had tuberculosis in the past or have any other lung disease you should provide details of your previous screening and, if possible, your medical notes and x-ray result
How much does it cost to be tested for tuberculosis as a Hong Kong British National (Overseas)?
Fees vary dependent on the clinic you select to do your test.
Please be advised that the above information is not exhaustive as there are more requirements and points to consider.
For more information provided by Bolton’s leading Immigration Solicitors on UK: tuberculosis test clinics for Hong Kong BN (O), send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to book a telephone/Skype consultation. The fee is £30.
Compass Immigration Law LTD:
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”