“I’d like to visit the UK”, you say to yourself. Amazing! Whether it’s a holiday to visit family and friends, business, or for another reason, for example medical purposes, you will need to apply for a Visitor Visa before you proceed to book a plane ticket.
Here are a few things you need to know.
The earliest you can apply is 3 months before travel, typically resulting in a decision being granted within 3 weeks of your application. Usually, you can stay in the UK for up to 6 months. However, if you need to stay longer or visit more frequently, you can apply for a long-term Visitor Visa.
The fees are:
- Standard visitor – £93
- Up to 11 months (for private medical care) / up to 12 months (academic on sabbatical) – £186
- 2 years multi-entry – £350
- 5 years multi-entry – £636
- 10 years multi-entry – £798
Please be advised that Home Office fees are subject to change.
As a minimum, you must provide evidence such as:
- Your ability to accommodate support yourself and any dependents for the duration of your trip
- Documentation illustrating you intend to return to your home country at the end of your visit
For more information on Visitor Visas please come along to one of our drop-in services. These are held on Mondays between 10am – 1:30pm (Bolton), and Fridays between 10am – 1:30pm (Preston). There is a £24 charge for the consultation.
“The direct route to immigration expertise.”